The Office suite was released in the year 2001 for Microsoft’s Windows devices. Microsoft released three major versions of the Office XP package: the SP1, SP2, and SP3. These were released over the years to improve the quality of the software package and include new features to aid the users. There were many editions of Office XP released for different target groups such as students, professionals, small businesses, and developers. Each of the editions was targeted towards specific kinds of users so that the users could choose the suitable edition for their needs.
Microsoft was started by Bill Gates and Paul Allen in the year 1975 and since then, they have ruled the tech industry with their software and utility tools. Most of their software is exclusively made for computers and laptops like Windows OS, Microsoft Office, Internet Explorer, etc. Windows OS is the most used OS to run computers all over the world by many people. They frequently upgrade and improve their software to provide better features to their users depending on the market trends and requirements. The software and OS they distribute are powerful and efficient so that they can perform various operations to make life a bit easier. Microsoft was the first to release something like the Office suite, hence they are the oldest players in the market.
Many small software put into a bundle makes up the Office suite. Each software in the bundle has a specific function. The Office suite has been there since 1989 and has been continuously upgraded and improved to increase the standards and functionalities. The majority of the software present in the bundle are documented manipulation software and the others are management and sharing tools aiding in the maintenance of the documents and the system. There are nearly 11 versions of the Office software and the first version was released in the year 1989 and the latest release is Office 365 which was released in 2020.
List of Softwares in Office XP Professional ISO
This is the list of software that is available in Office XP Professional:
- Microsoft Office Word: MS Word is a word manipulation software used to create and edit word documents. The software provides users with different functionalities to create and edit documents the way they want. The user can add images and shapes to make their document more appealing.
- Microsoft Office PowerPoint: The MS Office PowerPoint is a presentation software used to create, edit, and present documents. The tools present in the software make it easier to create elegant looking documents and helps the users to be creative. The PowerPoint software is mostly used by professionals that need to present their data in a simple form or by teachers and trainers to make the concept easy to understand for their students.
- Microsoft Office Excel: The MS Office Excel is a spreadsheet software that is used to create and edit spreadsheet documents. The spreadsheets are used to organise different data in an orderly manner. There are many mathematical functions and formulae provided in the software to make calculations easy. Excel is used to maintain records of different things. Excel is also used to prepare charts for usage in other Office applications like Word and PowerPoint to represent data pictorially.
- Microsoft Office Access: The MS Office Access is a database management software that is used to manage and maintain the documents and the data. Access stores data using the access jet database engine making it a unique database management software.
Features Of Microsoft Office XP Professional ISO
Read about the features that are given here to know more about Microsoft Office XP Professional:
- Flipping and rotating slides in PowerPoint.
- Improved printing features for better print output.
- Added new languages like Hindi, Marathi, Gujarathi, Tamil, etc.
- Added styles for bulleted lists.
- Watermark features to print confidential and professional documents.
- User assistance.
- Application recovery.
- Repair and extract features.
- Error reporting for improving the application.
- Improved speech recognition to benefit speech to text conversion.
- Handwriting recognition.
- XML file format support.
- Autocorrect feature removed.
- Improved user interface making it simpler to aid easy navigation through the application.
- Task pane to manage tasks easily and efficiently.
- Smart tags to create hyperlinks based on stored data and aid in linking different components easily.
Minimum Requirements to run Microsoft Office XP Professional ISO
These are the minimum requirements that the system must have in order to run the software:
- To run the software, you need at least a 133 MHz processor and if you want to access the speech recognition, then you need a minimum of a 400 MHz processor.
- The minimum RAM requirement will be 128 MB or a larger memory will be more beneficial.
- Windows OS which supports Office XP Professional are:
- Windows 98.
- Windows NT 4.0 service pack 6.
- Windows 2000.
- Windows XP.
- Windows Vista.
- Windows 7.
- The minimum storage space required to run Office XP professional is 250 MB.
- You need a display which has a resolution of 600 X 800 pixels so as to view text and other details more preciesly.
- To use speech recognition you need an audio device.
How To Download Office XP Professionals ISO 32-bit and 64-bit ISO
These are the steps that the user can follow in order to download the software:
- On your web browser, type in the necessary keywords to get a link to download the software.
- Select an authentic website to download the software. Files downloaded from inauthentic websites may contain malicious files like viruses and malware.
- Once you have chosen the right website, select the version and edition you want to download.
- Select a location on your PC where you want your file to be downloaded.
- After selecting the edition, hit the download button present on the website or look for a mirror link which will redirect you to an external webpage from where you can download the file.
- You need a sound internet connection for downloading the file successfully.
- Once you are done downloading, you can install the software on your PC.
Microsoft Office XP Professional was one of the milestone releases of the office suite where many new features were integrated. The software requires less powerful hardware to run and all the modern PCs can easily handle the software. If you are planning to cut off some expenses by reusing your old PC, then this version of Office suite will be best suited as it will run fine on the PC. PCs running Windows 7 can run Office XP but Windows 8 and 10 do not support the software.