Windows 10 Lite is a lightweight OS, with reduced accessories that are considered unimportant for the normal functioning of the OS. This version excludes many inbuilt features of the normal Windows 10 OS to provide better performance for gamers and power users who need more hardware dedicated to the task at hand ( high-end games, hardware demanding software like 3D art and design).
Many unnecessary files inbuilt in the OS which are heavy for the CPU to process are removed in this version of Windows 10 Lite. As a result of such file removals, some security features normally provided by Windows 10 are compromised (ease in use is the sacrificial pawn to boost the PC’s performance).
Even some pre-installed applications can be removed if they don’t have any use according to the user. It’s just like alchemy if you give up on something (removal of normal Windows 10 features), you get something (performance) in return with a similar value.
Features of Windows 10 Lite ISO
- Improved performance.
- Better UI.
- Light-weight build.
- Runs on both 32-bit and 64-bit architecture.
- Devoid of hardware-intensive inbuilt file.
- Disabled unnecessary.
- Pre-installed Adware to block ads.
- Improved privacy.
- No unnecessary updates.
- Smooth workflow.
- No interruption while working (smooth workflow).
- Customizable UI and settings.
- Fast booting.
- Reduced lagging.
- Less power consumption.
- Windows tiles UI.
- Touch screen accessibility.
- Improved kernel.
How to download Windows 10 Lite ISO file
You need a good internet connection to download the file without any error or problems.
- Go to the web browser on a PC and search for Windows 10 Lite ISO download.
- Choose an authentic website (check the reviews and safety level of the files provided on that website).
- Look for the download button and click it. This will redirect you to the download page from where you can download the Windows 10 Lite ISO file.
- Choose a location on your PC where you want the downloaded file to go or just leave the download location as your default location i.e. the download folder.
- Now, you can download the file. You will either be downloading an online downloader or the ISO directly. Do what you think is best for you.
- The ISO file will be approximately 2.5 GB in size.
- Now, you can use the downloaded file and burn it onto a DVD to use it as a Windows 10 Lite bootable DVD.
- This DVD can be used to install Windows 10 Lite on any computer or laptop which has the minimum hardware requirements to run Windows 10 Lite without the need to access the internet.
- Check your PC for the minimum requirements before installing the OS (If your PC does not have the required hardware setup for running this OS, the OS can crash while working or may cause serious damage to your PC. Thus, try installing the previous versions of Windows or upgrade the hardware of your PC before installing it. Upgrading hardware will also provide an extra boost in performance).
Minimum PC Requirements to run Windows 10 Lite
The minimum requirements are the hardware setup needed to run a particular OS or software. If your PC doesn’t satisfy the minimum requirements, the software may not properly run or even cause problems with other functions of the PC and permanently damage the hardware. The higher the PC hardware setup, the higher the performance of the PC.
- Processor: 1 GHz or faster.
- RAM: 1 GB if the OS is 32-bit and 2 GB if the OS is 64-bit.
- Graphics: Direct X 9 or higher graphics.
- Hard disk space: approximately 15 GB of free space.
- Display size: 800×600.
Windows 10 Lite is highly suited for high hardware demanding tasks like gaming, 3D designing, graphic designing, and as an administrator PC. This OS is highly recommended if you fit into these categories of PC users. So before choosing an OS, you need to have an idea of what you are going to use the PC for in order to get the right OS installed.
Windows 10 Lite has all the UI features of Windows 10 so it’s good looking, as well as good to operate and work on. Since the update features have been stopped for this version, you don’t need to worry about updates while the PC boots or any update while you work with demanding software. This version also provides adware protection so you can avoid unnecessary time wastage due to ads being displayed.
The load on the CPU and RAM is also reduced by the removal of unwanted background processes without compromising the performance of the PC, resulting in an improved workflow. This OS is a good alternative for people buying or building a budget gaming PC, instead of tweaking the hardware which can be costly. Using this OS will provide some amount of improvement and it is also cost-efficient. If you are a gamer or heavy PC user, you can choose Windows 10 Lite without any second thought.