On its release, Mac OS X El Capitan was met with positive critical reception from both critics and the public. These reviews were seen to be much more favorable than the ones received by macOS X Yosemite. It was particularly praised for its improved performance, excellent language support, new Spotlight features, and enhanced security. Additions to old features like Maps and Mail were also received favorably.
At the same time, criticism was thrown at the frequent page crashes and the shutting down of the Mac when it was restarted. The battery life was quite short and got exhausted easily. Compatibility problems with Word 2016 and the Safari browser’s failure to save cookies for certain websites were also noted issues.
In spite of these slight hiccups, Mac OS X El Capitan turned out to be a great improvement over Mac OS X Yosemite like it was intended to be.
Productive Features of Mac OS Capitan 10.11
These are the features of Mac OS X El Capitan 10.11
- Split View- This feature allows the user to split their screen into two and keep two apps open at the same time. This is a very handy feature that will help the user save time that they normally spend on constantly switching between apps.
- Mission Control- This feature will display all of the user’s open windows at once which will greatly help them with their navigation. All open windows in open applications as well all open windows belonging to a particular application can be opened depending on the command that the user gives.
- Enlarged cursor- If you are someone who finds it difficult to locate their cursor on the screen, this new feature is for you. By shaking the mouse slightly or moving your finger up and down on the trackpad, the cursor can be enlarged.
- Spotlight- Spotlight is a pre-existing feature that allows users to search for whatever they require on their Mac. A lot of new improvements have been added to Spotlight on the Mac OS X El Capitan. Now, users can search for weather and sports updates as well as stock information using the feature. Natural language processing has been added to Spotlight which means that users will be able to search for what they need without extremely specific terminology.
- Notes- Using this feature, the user can jot down anything that they need to remember or do. The Notes feature has received a few improvements in X El Capitan. Images and videos can now be added here and interactive checklists can also be created. The information that is present here can be synced across all of the user’s iOS devices.
- Maps- This improved feature now grants users the ability to get directions to wherever they have to go as well the transportation that can get them there.
- Pinning Tabs- Keeping many tabs open at the same time is something that can be confusing and messy for many. Sometimes, important tabs may get deleted accidentally along with the other ones. In order to avoid this, users can now pin their tabs. Doing this, they will be able to return to that tab easily(distinct pin icon) and it will not get deleted unless the user right-clicks it and chooses to delete it.
- Swiping messages in the mail- Users can now swipe on the messages in their mail. If they have a mail that they want to mark as important, they can swipe to the right and if there is one that they want to delete, they can swipe to the left.
- Metal- Metal is an API that will allow many new games to be playable on the Mac. This is the first macOS to receive this addition.
- Muting noisy tabs- Having a tab which has a video playing without the user’s wish can be annoying to listen to. With the new mute feature, the user will be able to know which tab is causing the unwanted noise and they can mute it.
- System Integrity Protection(SIP)- This is a new security feature that has been introduced in this macOS. It protects the sensitive contents of files from manipulation and processes from external unwanted interference.
Steps to download Mac OS X El Capitan 10.11 ISO/DMG files
These are the steps that have to be followed in order to download macOS X El Capitan 10.11:
Check if the Mac model is compatible with OS X El Capitan 10.11
The user’s Mac has to be compatible with OS X El Capitan 10.11. If this condition is not satisfied, the download will not be able to be done. The following models have been found to be compatible:
- MacBook(2009 and onwards)
- Mac Pro(2008 and onwards)
- MacBook Air(2008 and onwards)
- MacBook Pro(2007 and onwards)
- Mac mini(2009 and onwards)
- iMac(2007 and onwards)
- Mac Pro(2008 and onwards)
In order to download Mac OS X El Capitan 10.11, the user’s Mac must have at least 2 GB of memory and 8.8 GB of available storage space.
Backup the system using Time Machine
The user can rest assured knowing that their important files can be properly backed up using Time Machine of Mac. They have to connect an external storage device to their Mac to which the files and data will be backed up. These can then be restored later from here whenever the user needs them again.
Download Mac OS X El Capitan 10.11
The user can download the OS from the App Store.
Install Mac OS X El Capitan 10.11
When the download has been completed, the user should go to their Applications folder which will contain the downloaded OS. It should be double-clicked and then the installation process can then begin. The user should follow whatever instructions are displayed and wait patiently for the installation to get done. The Mac should be active during this time and it is advised to do this process in the evening so that the installation can take place overnight.
These are the steps that have to be followed to get the ISO file:
- After the installation of X El Capitan has been completed, an image file can be found inside Applications.
Appropriate commands have to be entered in the Terminal for the following steps:
- This file should be mounted to a directory
- A placeholder image should be created
- The newly created empty ISO file must be mounted
- A new mount point should be created using the necessary tool
- Files should be copied from the directory of the previously mounted image to this new directory(mount point)
- Unwanted files can be unmounted
- The ISO file should be converted to the required UDTO format
How to Download Mac OS X El Capitan 10.11 ISO
The macOS X El Capitan 10.11 ISO Image can be downloaded from the ISO site and could be run in the framework you need to build up the server in. Presently, the general execution of the framework absolutely relies on the manners by which you configure the system administrator settings.