The OS received considerable praise for its new simplified user interface. The toolbars were also found to be much easier to use. The technical leaps that were made with Yosemite were critically acclaimed and many agreed that it would be hard to return to the preceding OS X Mavericks after trying out OS X Yosemite.
OS X Yosemite was criticized for its inconsistent network stability. Users also found out that the Finder feature did not allow them to look through the contents of certain folders. The Continuity feature was also not found to be completely spotless in its working.
The Mac OS X Yosemite 10.10 ISO varied from its successors with progressive highlights that pulled the working framework into radical development in the market. Here are a few highlights you should not miss in the event that you are a Mac OS client.
Overall, the sleek new user design and technical improvements made OS X Yosemite a formidable OS in its time.
Productive Features of Mac OS X Yosemite 10.10
Take a look at some of the new features and improved pre-existing ones that Mac OS X Yosemite has to offer:
- Handoff (Continuity)- This is a feature that will allow users to connect between their Mac and iOS devices. The Handoff feature should be enabled in both devices. Then, if the user performs an action on their iOS device, they will be able to continue it from exactly the same place on the Mac.
- Phone calls- Users will now be able to make phone calls on their Mac. It may take some time to get used to the fact that the Mac will start ringing when this feature is enabled. SMS text messages are now also viewable on the Mac.
- AirDrop- This was already introduced in iOS 7 but this is the first time that the Mac is getting an opportunity to implement its functionalities. Now, users will be able to share photos and videos between their devices easily once the feature has been enabled in their Mac.
- Markup Feature in Mail- If there is an attachment to be sent in the mail, it can be edited directly in the same Window. The user is also able to insert text and draw whatever they want.
- Spotlight- Users will now be able to get web results for their searches under Spotlight. They will also get directions to wherever they need to go from Apple Maps.
- Today- This is a new feature that has been introduced under the Notification Center. Today displays various pieces of information and updates to the users.
Steps to download OS X Yosemite 10.10 ISO/DMG files
These are the steps that have to be followed to download OS X Yosemite:
Check if the model is compatible with OS X Yosemite 10.10
The user’s Mac has to be compatible with Mac OS X Yosemite 10.10 and Mac OS High Sierra. If this condition is not satisfied, the download will fail. The following models have been found to be compatible with OS X Yosemite:
- MacBook(2009 and onwards)
- Mac mini(2009 and onwards)
- Mac Pro(2008 and onwards)
- MacBook Air(2008 and onwards)
- Mac Pro(2008 and onwards)
- Mac Pro(2008 and onwards)
- MacBook Pro(2007 and onwards)
- iMac(2007 and onwards)
In order to download OS X Yosemite 10.10, the user’s Mac must have a minimum of 2 GB of memory and 8 GB of available storage space.
Backup the system before the download
The user can rest assured knowing that their important files will be properly backed up using Time Machine. An external storage device will have to be connected to the user’s Mac. This will act as the destination to which all the files on the Mac will be backed up to. The user can retrieve their files from this location whenever they may require them.
Ensure that the Mac has a strong Internet Connection
The Mac must have a strong Internet connection so that there are no unnecessary interruptions in the download process and it can be completed without any hitches.
Download OS X Yosemite 10.10
The user can upgrade their OS using the App Store or download the OS using an online link.
Install the required installer
The downloaded file must be selected. There will be a file inside which contains the required installer. On opening it, the user will be able to start the installation process.
Start the installation process
The user should select the installer as mentioned previously so that the process may begin. The instructions that will be displayed should be followed carefully.
Wait for the installation to be completed
While the installation process takes place, the user should neither turn on the Sleep option nor close Mac’s lid. Once the process is complete, the user will be able to experience OS X Yosemite for themselves.
These are the steps that the user has to follow in order to obtain the ISO file:
After OS X Yosemite has been installed, its image file will be present inside Applications.
- The image file will have to be used in order to get the required ISO file.
For the following steps, the user will have to carefully enter the commands in the Terminal as even as a small mistake may result in errors:
- The installer image file should be mounted.
- The boot image should be converted into a sparse bundle.
- The capacity of the bundle should be increased so there will be space for all of the required packages.
- The bundle should now be mounted.
- The package link should be removed and replaced with the actual files.
- The installer image should be unmounted.
- The sparse bundle should be unmounted.
- The partition in the bundle should be resized so that unnecessary free space is removed.
- The bundle should be converted into an ISO master.
- The sparse bundle should be removed.
- The ISO should be renamed and brought to the Desktop.
Download Mac OS X Yosemite 10.10 ISO / DMG Files
If you have any doubts about the information that we have provided, please feel free to reach out to us in the comments box below and we will do our best to get back to you with the answers you need.