The macOS Mojave was the fifteenth release from Apple’s line of OS releases for their Mac computers and was made available to the public on the 24th of September in 2018. The macOS Mojave 10.14.1 (the updated version) was released on the 30th of October of the same year. Many new features were introduced in this OS which is the main reasons indeed a primary reason for its popularity today. Users loved trying these features out and credited them to having a wonderful time with this version of macOS.
The macOS Mojave 10.14.1 was praised for all of the new features that it contained such as the Dark Mode, Stacks, and screenshot Markup. The OS has also been praised for its increased stability compared to previous OSes for the Mac. There has also been an attempt by Apple to make improvements in security and privacy with this OS. At the same time, certain beta performance issues have been encountered by users. To sum it up, macOS Mojave has been found to be one of the best OSes for Mac to this day and many people enjoy using it.
Features of macOS Mojave 10.14.1
These are some of the new features of macOS Mojave 10.14.1 as well as some of the old and improved ones from previous macOS releases:
- Facetime- Facetime now allows the user to chat with a whopping 32 participants at once. Communication can be done through the group message option as well and the participant can join the call whenever they wish during its period of activity.
- App Store- The App Store has been completely reworked from the beginning and it has been provided with a new interface. The Discover tab has been introduced which allows users to check out fantastic new apps that they may have missed out on otherwise. The Create, Work, and Play tabs are also now available which are incredibly useful in helping people precisely find the app they need for whatever purpose they may require it for.
- New ported apps- A few apps have been ported to the macOS Mojave from the iOS, namely News, Stocks, Voice Memos, and Home. News provided users with the latest international headlines and updates from all around the world. The home allowed them to activate their HomeKit smart-house appliances(ex: turning off the lights can be done remotely). Voice Memos allowed users to record whatever they wish which may include songs or voice notes. These can then be accessed from the user’s iPad, iPhone, or Mac. Stocks were fantastic for equipping the user with all the latest business news they need complete with chart-based representations and figures.
- Stacks– This allows users to arrange their desktop files neatly according to fields such as their date of modification, name, and tags.
- Dark Mode- The user can now choose between the light mode or dark mode from Preferences. Dark mode can help improve the quality of certain videos and photos depending on their content. It also protects the users’ eyes from the unnecessary strain that they may normally encounter. All the apps that are present in macOS Mojave 10.14 For Virtual Box and VMware support this mode.
- Continuity Camera- By utilizing this feature, users will be able to take a photo from one of their iOS devices and have it imported directly to whatever file they may be working with on the Mac.
- Dynamic Desktops- This is a very cool feature that will transform the look of the Desktop depending on what time of day it may be. This will allow the user to have a nice look into how the day is changing.
- Screenshot markup- Normally, when screenshots are taken on a Mac, the entire screen will be screenshotted by default. However, in macOS Mojave, there are a bunch of new choices available when it comes to screenshotting. Different parts of the screen may be screenshotted according to the wishes of the user using the new options available.
- A bunch of new emojis- More than 70 new emojis have been added which users can rejoice in trying out.
How to download the macOS Mojave 10.14.1 ISO and DMG files
In order to proceed with the download and installation process, the required prerequisites have to be satisfied. The user should download VirtualBox or VMWare by utilizing the appropriate link and the installation procedure will take place. Then, the following steps have to be followed:
- A virtual disk should be created for the installation media
- The virtual disk should be mounted
- The installer should be written to the mount point
- The installer app should then be unmounted
- The DMG file should then be converted to the ISO format
- The file extension should then be changed to an ISO file
Steps to download macOS Mojave 10.14.1 iso
These are the steps that have to be followed in order to download macOS Mojave 10.14.1:
Check if the Mac system is compatible with macOS Mojave 10.14.1
The user should first check for their system’s compatibility to see if macOS Mojave 10.14.1 can be installed. These are the models that are supported:
- MacBook(2015 and onwards)
- MacPro(2013 and onwards)
- MacBook Pro(2012 and onwards)
- MacBook Air(2012 and onwards)
- iMac(2012 and onwards)
- Mac Mini(2012 and onwards)
Perform a proper system back up
The user should back up all of the important files that they may be afraid of losing. Dropbox, iCloud, and OneDrive are great for this purpose and the user can proceed forward with the installation rest assured that all their files are now safe.
Take care of the downloading and installation
The user can proceed to the App Store to download and install macOS Mojave 10.14.1. After the downloading process is complete, the installation process will also automatically start. The user should accept all of the terms and conditions that are laid out before them and complete all the steps properly. After this is done, the installation will be complete. On restarting the Mac, the user will now be able to experience macOS Mojave for themselves.