Windows Basic edition has all the core features that the operating system has to offer. The system will be of great help to users at home as it has all the functionalities that they could need to complete their basic daily tasks. Features like File History and Picture Password will be helpful to them in simple ways.
More complicated security features will protect the system from any unwanted problems that may raise concerns for the user. Features like SmartScreen will be very fun to try out and children may enjoy them as well.
Users should keep an open mind when they are trying out this operating system and they can expect to have a fantastic time with it.
Features of Windows 8.1 Basic Edition
The user can read up about these features so they can learn more about what this operating system has to offer them:
The user will now be able to login to their system using a set of particular gestures on a picture. This means that users will not have to remember a password if they do not want to. This feature will become easy to use when users get the hang of it.
This is a feature that has been created to allow systems to have increased security and power management capabilities, similar to those of a smartphone. Users will now be able to perform tasks in the background if they want, such as making updates from applications. The device that they are using must be turned on in less than 50 milliseconds if they want this to happen.
By using File History, the user will be able to protect their data continuously. The feature also allows users to create backups for their files if they need as well as for the files of other users who may be connecting with them through HomeGroup. Different versions of the files can then be tracked and used accordingly by the use of the History option. Files that have been backed up with Encrypting File System(EFS) will not be able to be backed up.
This is a security feature that will help protect users from dangerous malware. There will be security agents present, constantly monitoring the user’s system to ensure that everything that enters the system is safe and will not endanger the user’s system in any way.
This is a great protocol that can be used to synchronize emails, contacts, tasks, and notes that have been obtained from a messaging server to a mobile device. There is also management present for the phones and policy controls in place as well. This is an XML based protocol. The device will communicate over HTTP or HTTPS.
This is a powerful security mechanism that will protect the user’s sensitive data. There are a few modes under this that will help the user keep their data secure. The transparent operation mode will have a sealed key that will only be released to the OS if the early boot files seem to not have had any modifications. This mode may be vulnerable to cold attacks and sniffing attacks as well. The user authentication mode will require some form of authentication from the user’s side; this can be a password or PIN. In the USB key mode, the user will have to insert a USB device into the system so that the OS can be booted.
Downloading and installing Windows 8.1 Basic edition ISO 32 bit/ 64 bit
These are the steps that the user has to follow carefully if they want to download and install Windows 8.1 Basic edition ISO 32 bit/64 bit:
- The user will have to make their way to the official website for the download
- They will then have to locate the Download link and pick the ISO image that they want(32 bit or 64 bit)
- After this is done, the executable file of the OS will be launched
- The user will have to enter their product key when prompted to do so
- The user should wait for Windows 8.1 to be downloaded successfully
- The user should end the setup for the download since it has now been completed
- They will then have to return to the official page once again and select the Install Windows 8.1 option
- The download for the ISO will now begin and the user will have to wait for a short period of time once the download has been completed
- The installer will help the user know how everything is progressing
- The installation files will be uncompressed by the installer
- When the user is prompted to select an installation option, they will have to go with the Install by creating media option
- The user can pick between either saving the downloading ISO file or making a USB flash drive media
- The user will be able to burn the ISO file to DVD if they chose to save it
- If the user chose the other option, they can create the USB flash drive
We hope that you had a great time reading the article that we have prepared for you. There are so many amazing features present in this OS that may appeal to you. Although you may be unfamiliar with a few of them since you may not have used them before, you will have a great time using them once you learn how to.
You can research the other operating systems that are available and pick out the best one according to you, and then download it. Please feel free to share this article with your friends and family members if you think that it would be of use to them. You can reach out to us in the comments section below if there is anything you would like to discuss regarding the article that we have presented to you.