Windows 8.1 is an Operating System(OS) that was released in 2013. Microsoft wanted to communicate with the users and figure out how to do away with the problems that were faced in Windows 8. The new version was praised for the new additions that were added including a better Start screen and being able to restore any of the user’s previous behaviours on just logging in, without having to go to the Start screen. Support for new technologies such as 3D printing and Wi-Fi direct was also looked upon favourably.
However, possible privacy problems associated with the continued use of online services and the improper integration between certain apps and the user interface were not properly addressed. Microsoft announced that they ended mainstream support for this version of Windows in 2018 and that extended support for it would be stopped by 2023.
We have Windows 8.1 ISO which is a versatile operating system that provides access to run every particular application and software. This operating system is the only one that provides access to run Adobe Photoshop, Microsoft Office, Excel, Powerpoint, AutoCAD, and thousands of other consumer applications. Thus, this makes the macOS X Lion 10.7 look more vibrant and attractive to use. To know more about Windows 10 Professional ISO, visit our page for the details.
Features of Windows 8.1
Have a glance at the features that are discussed below to improve your understanding of what Windows 8.1 has to offer:
Booting to desktop
Users can now directly boot to the desktop. They can do this by clicking on the Desktop tile and selecting Properties under the taskbar where they can select the Navigation tab. They should then go to the Start screen options and select the option that tells them to go directly to the desktop instead of starting when signing in.
This is a new feature that has been introduced in Windows 8.1. Each corner of the desktop screen now has a different function. The user can also disable this feature if they wish. This is recommended for people who prefer to work in desktop mode.
Default apps can now be set for many widely used features such as the Web browser, music, and video players, photo viewer, map address, and calendar provider. This will be very helpful to people who do not like using the Microsoft Web browser. This feature can be accessed under the Charms menu which can be accessed by pressing the Windows and C button at the same time and then going to Settings.
Automatic update of apps
This feature allows apps to automatically update themselves. This is a default feature that can be disabled by the user if they want it to be.
Slideshows and Backgrounds
Users can create slideshows that can be played on their computer’s lock screen. They can also now choose the same background for both their home screens.
The Start button can now be accessed from the desktop. Using it will allow users to return to their previous menu or they can check out more options by right-clicking it.
Procedure to Download Windows 8.1 ISO
Read through the given steps carefully and follow them properly so that you are able to download Windows 8.1 ISO successfully:
- Visit Microsoft’s page and find where an upgrade to Windows 8 can be done on the website using a product key. After locating this option, select the “ Install Windows 8” button.
- A setup file can be found after the previous step is completed. This file should be launched by the user. They should then enter their Windows 8 product key when they are prompted to do so. This process should be continued until the Windows 8 download begins.
- The user should close the Windows 8 setup window and then confirm that they wish to do it.
- The user should return to the first page that they were on and select the “ Install Windows 8.1” button.
- A new setup file will be made available to be launched. Once this is done, the download for Windows 8.1 ISO will begin.
- After the completion of the download, the installer will examine the download to see if everything went fine and then uncompress the installation files. The user will then be asked to choose an installation option. When this happens, they should choose the “Install by creating media” option.
- A choice should be made between making the installer create a USB flash drive or saving the ISO file.
- If the ISO file saving option is selected, the file will be immediately saved to the user’s PC and they will be presented with the chance to burn it to DVD. Once this is completed, the user can return and create the USB flash drive if they want to.
- In order to do this, they have to select the “ Install Windows” link on their desktop. They will have to select their installation option once again. At this juncture, the “Install by creating media” option should be chosen. A USB flash drive with a minimum size of 4GB should be inserted following which the USB flash drive option should be chosen.
- The Windows 7 USB download tool can be utilised to make the USB media with the aid of the Windows 8.1 ISO if the user has difficulties with creating the USB flash media.
We hope that this article has helped you understand how to download Windows 8.1 successfully. With the advent of so many new technological updates, it can be hard to keep up with everything. We can understand that the constant need to equip yourself with all this information can definitely be stressful at times. Please get to know the advantages of each version of whatever you are going to download for your computer so you can pick the very best one according to your computer’s needs and specifications. We hope you have a wonderful time using Windows 8.1 after downloading it on your computer.