Windows 8.1 is an ideal OS as it satisfies most of the necessary qualities of a good OS like having a good user interface, good quality text, and speech engines. It is versatile, receives good support and frequent updates from the creator, and is easily customizable according to the user’s interest. Windows 8.1 is a lightweight OS build that provides stability, performance, customizability of the PC and reduces the load on the hardware while working.
The user interface is easy to use and is smooth in providing comfort to the user while working. The Lite edition is devoid of all the unnecessary functionalities, which consumes a lot of processing power when active. This will eventually make the PC run slow and reduce the performance during performing processor demanding tasks. Even though many files are removed from the original OS setup, security and ease of use are not compromised.
Thus, the user doesn’t need to worry about being spied on or being hacked and can work in peace. The Lite version was exclusively developed for providing better performance for heavy users like PC gamers, graphic designers, and 3D designers. This OS can also be installed on a low-end PC if the user wants to experience the new UI compared to the previous versions namely Windows 7, Windows Vista. In the tiles UI, the navigation is pretty easy and File Explorer is improved and provides better features than before.
The OS comes with a preloaded media player and image viewer which can play audios and videos and display images pretty well. The touch screen accessibility feature of Windows 8 is new and is suitable for many modern PCs and tablets to provide better touch performance. The OS also provides good performance while multitasking.
Windows OS is one of the most used OS in large companies and firms to run their PCs and laptops. It also provides great flexibility for developers to develop new utility software for PCs. The stability of third party utility applications on the OS is highly advantageous for the users to make their work easy and efficient.
Features of Windows 8.1 Lite Edition ISO
- Lightweight build.
- No unwanted fuss during work.
- Tiles UI (simple user interface).
- USB disk security.
- Improved security and firewall.
- Flexible UI.
- Pre-installed VLC media player.
- Boosted performance.
Minimum Requirements for PC to run Windows 8.1 Lite Version (32/64 bit)
The minimum requirements must be checked before downloading the Windows OS. If any upgrade necessary for the hardware can be done, it will also boost the performance of the OS as well as the performance of other software on the PC.
- Processor: 1GHz or faster processor (preferably dual-core processors).
- RAM: 1 GB of RAM for running 32-bit OS and 2 GB of RAM for running 64-bit OS.
- Graphics: Direct X 9 or higher graphics.
- Display size: 1024×768.
- Storage space on the hard disk: A minimum of 15 GB of storage is required.
- 32-bit or 64-bit architecture support.
How to download Windows 8.1 Lite ISO File on a PC
You must have good internet connectivity for downloading the OS without any errors or problems. Ensure that you check with the minimum requirements before downloading the file.
- On your PC or laptop, go to the web browser and search for Windows 8.1 Lite ISO download.
- Choose an authentic website to download the OS.
- Look for the version suitable for your PC architecture i.e. 32-bit or 64-bit architecture.
- You can check for the architecture in Control Panel> System and Security> System.
- Search for the download button which says ISO file or a mirror where you can download the ISO file.
- Choose the download location on your PC where you want the file to be downloaded.
- Click the download button. This will either directly download the file or will redirect you to the file location.
- Now, you can use the ISO file to install Windows 8.1 Lite OS on any PC.
- If you want to make a bootable DVD for Windows 8.1 Lite, you need to burn the ISO file on an empty DVD.
- To burn the ISO file on the disk, you can use any of the free burning tools that are available on the internet.
- After you burn the ISO on the DVD, you can use the DVD to install the OS on any PC without the need for the internet or other computers.
If you are a heavy PC user and use the system for performing high hardware demanding operations like video rendering, 3D graphics, high-end gaming, and video streaming, then this OS will be great for you. You can get a good performance combined with a better user interface that will make your PC look good. The OS is not very old so many newly released applications will work best on this OS compared to the previous versions of Windows.
This OS is best suited for personal, home, and domestic uses rather than business use. The builtin features are totally optimised to provide the best performance to the user. You can also make use of the touch screen feature if your PC, laptop, or tablet supports touch screen hardware; this will make things easier for graphics designers. You just need to look for what your requirements are and what your PC is capable of providing before opting for any OS to run your PC or laptops.