Microsoft is one of the leading tech companies on the planet that was started by Bill Gates and Paul Allen in 1975. They have produced many kernels, operating systems, and software that are exclusive for PCs and laptops. These platforms provide a great experience to the users and also are best suited for personal and business uses. The user interface and other features allow the user to completely unlock the potential of their PC.
The Windows OS is comparatively cost-efficient. There are many OSes which they have released which revolutionized the tech industries. One of those OS versions is Windows 8 as it had a very unique and advanced user interface compared to its predecessors. This is because these OSes were lightweight and less hardware intensive, allowing them to run smoothly on low-end PCs and laptops. The introduction of this OS was the beginning of a new era in the PC world as this was a huge update compared to all the previous ones.
Microsoft Windows 8 was a highly awaited OS that was released in the year 2012 that included many new and advanced features. They all had the capability to bring out the full potential of the PC and provide better performance stats. There was also a Windows 8 OS released exclusively for mobile phones which was a huge success. Windows PCs are comparatively better than their competitors as they give slots for updates and the software is comparatively less costly and affordable.
Microsoft is still providing support for Windows 8 OS and has said that they will continue to do so till 2023 so the OS will get frequent updates and bug fixes to make it run efficiently and perform better. The Windows 8 OS is better suited for laptops, which have touch screens, and mobile phones. Let us now take a look at how to download the ISO file and burn it on a DVD and use the DVD as a Windows 8 bootable disk.
Features of Windows 8 Core Edition ISO
- New and improved Start Menu.
- Easy gestures.
- Improved reset options.
- Customisable themes.
- Ease in pinning.
- Easy sharing.
- Improved and elegant user interface.
- Supports low-end architecture.
- Windows 32-bit and 64-bit architecture support.
- Support touch screen input.
- Windows Defender.
- Tiles-based UI.
- Windows Store.
- Easy navigation.
- Fast boot.
- High compatibility with a lot of software.
- NFC features.
- Easy search option.
Minimum Requirements needed to install Windows 8 on a PC
A PC must meet the minimum requirements needed to perform properly without any errors and problems.
- Processor: 1 GHz processor or faster.
- RAM: 1 GB RAM for 32-bit OS, 2 GB RAM for 64-bit OS.
- Graphics: DirectX 9 graphics or later.
- Display Size: 1024x 768 (works good with touch display).
- Hard Disk Space: approximately 20 GB
- The PC or laptop must have a DVD reader/writer.
(these are just the minimum requirements; for better performance, you need a high-end PC to run modern PC software).
Downloading of Windows 8 Core Edition ISO file:
You need a stable internet connection to download the file onto your PC.
- On your PC, go to the internet browser and type download Windows 8 ISO file in the search box and press Enter.
- The Microsoft Windows 8 download page will load. Select the edition of Windows 8 you want to download and press the Confirm button. Next, choose the language of your interest and press to confirm (note that the OS will be installed with the chosen language as the main language).
- Next, choose 32-bit or 64-bit OS depending on the PC architecture you have. It’s better you check this beforehand or else you can download both files if you want a bootable disk for both (the file size will be approximately 4 GB).
- Now, choose a place on your PC to download the files and let it get downloaded in the default downloads folder.
- After you download the ISO files, you can burn them on an empty DVD or on a pen drive( it is advisable to use a DVD as they are still in use and pen drives are costly compared to DVDs).
- To burn the ISO files on your DVD, you can use free DVD burning tools available on the internet.
- Now, you have Windows 8 OS ISO file for both 32-bit and 64-bit. You can use this DVD to install the OS on any PC or a laptop until the DVD dies.
- This process is a one-time one. You don’t need an internet connection to download the ISO file and install it to a new PC. You can use the DVD to install the OS.
Windows 8 OS is a perfect OS for modern laptops and PCs. The performance of laptops with touch displays has been found to be especially good. The customer support for Windows 8 is still in progress and the OS is receiving constant updates and bug fixes provided by Microsoft Corporation. The OS is still a good choice for PC OS and is not very old or outdated and also provides advanced computing features(depending on the PC specification). The selection of an OS depends on the requirements of the user.
If the requirements are not too high, this version of Windows is a good one to go with. Windows 8 is a giant leap in terms of features compared to its previous version Windows 7 and Windows Vista and is an OS suitable both for personal and professional uses. The OS also supports mostly all modern applications and software built for Windows.
The Windows OS is also a good OS suited for beginners and students due to its affordability and features that are easy to use. Windows OS platform is also suitable for people with disabilities like those who are blind, deaf, etc. Thus, Windows OS is highly recommended to be used for a PC. If you are interested in this PC and have never tried it out before, you can definitely download it and see if you like it.