Windows XP OS is a benchmark OS that we would have used at least once in our life to perform tasks. The OS is pretty stable and smooth and provides many useful features and functionalities, making it one of the most ideal OSes for desktop computers and laptops. The black edition of the Windows XP OS is similar to that of the normal edition, with some differences in the theme and features. Let’s discuss the Windows XP Black edition in detail to get a better understanding of the OS and you will be able to decide whether the OS satisfies your requirements. You can then plan on whether or not to get it accordingly.
The company started in a small garage in 1975 by two college dropouts, Bill Gates and Paul Allen, and is now the world’s most popular tech company providing software and OSes for desktop computers and laptops. Microsoft had grown its market drastically by providing powerful software to aid people in performing tasks much easier by using computers. The customer support and update features are the ones that are of high standards that took the company towards success. Everyone would have used their products at least once in their life knowingly or unknowingly to perform various tasks.
Take a look at some of the products developed by Microsoft:
- The Windows OSes for running computers and laptops.
- Microsoft Office to create, manipulate, and manage documents.
- Microsoft Skype for video calling.
- Microsoft teams for conferencing and over the internet calls.
- Microsoft Azure, a cloud computing technology.
- Microsoft surface laptops, the indigenous laptops running Windows for professionals.
The products developed and marketed are maintained and upgraded frequently to provide the best to the users and simplify the work of the users.
Currently, there are nearly one billion Windows users in the world and it is a huge number; such is the power of the Windows OS. The Windows OS was first released in the year 1985 (Windows 1.0). Since then, Microsoft has upgraded and improved the Windows OS and released the OS as new versions for the use of the public. There are totally 12 major releases of Windows OS starting from Windows 1.0 to Windows 10. The versions have been improved based on the market trends and customer reviews which make the OS better and better over time.
The OSes are treated rigorously and beta versions are released to test it and then the final version is released for public use. The Windows OS is a GUI based OS which provides the users a better interface to work with and removes the programming barrier, hence non-programmers could use the OS without a struggle. Microsoft provides good support for their Windows OSes to help the users clarify and solve their queries and problems. This is one of the most promising features of the Windows OS, making the OS top the chart and invite new customers into using the OS.
List of all the Major OS Releases By Microsoft with their year of release
- Window).s 1.0 (1985).
- Windows 2.0 (1987).
- Windows 3x (1990-1992
- Windows N.T (1993).
- Windows 95 (1995).
- Windows 98 (1998).
- Windows 2000 (2000).
- Windows XP (2001).
- Windows Vista (2006).
- Windows 7 (2009).
- Windows 8/8.1 (2012-2013).
- Windows 10 (2017)
Minimum System Requirements For Windows XP Black Edition ISO
- Processor: 1 GHz or faster processor.
- RAM: Minimum of 2 GB is required to run Windows XP.
- Display size: 600X800.
- Storage space on hard disk: Minimum of 12 GB of space required.
Features of Black Edition
The Black edition is similar to that of the normal Windows XP OS with slight changes in the functionalities and the theme color is black.
The name Windows XP Black Edition is due to the black color theme of the OS which provides it with an elegant look. The theme was altered as many people preferred using black themes rather than the white one. The advantage for the black theme is that it consumes less power and strains the eyes of users less as it produces less blue light that damages the eyes.
Networking features and transfer speed were improved to provide the user faster internet access. Features like LAN and wireless drivers had been improved to support the speed of the transfer.
Fast Date Transfer
The SATA drivers software responsible for the transfer of data from the hard drives to the motherboard were improved and the OS supports the speed of the drivers to improve performance and efficiency.
Windows Media Player 11
The black OS included the Windows Media Player 11 which is a multimedia application used to play audio and video files. The Windows Media Player 11 supports many types of video and audio file formats making it an ideal video player for users.
Internet Explorer 8
Windows native browser,the Internet Explorer, was included in the Black Edition to make web browsing safe and faster. The internet explorer supported mostly all kinds of websites making it a good browser for users.
The black OS requires 40 per cent less power compared to the normal white themed OS as the screen brightness will be low, hence reducing the power consumption.
How To Download The Windows XP Black Edition
Just follow the steps given below and you will be able to download the OS without any problem. You need a stable internet connection to download the OS ISO file.
- In your web browser, search for Download Windows XP Black Edition ISO.
- After the page loads, you will see many websites stating Windows XP Black Edition Download. Select an authentic website to download the OS and be aware of the unsafe websites that may cause problems.
- Before downloading the OS, select the download location on your PC.
- In the selected website, look for the download button and hit it. If you don’t find the download button, then search for the mirror link which will direct you to an external website from where you can download the OS file.
- Once you have downloaded the OS, you can burn it on an empty CD to use it as a bootable CD.
How To Install The OS From A Bootable CD
Installation is a simple and easy process. Anyone with a basic computer handling skill can perform this very easily. To install the OS, follow the steps mentioned below. Before installing the OS, check your PC hardware settings so that you know your PC satisfies the minimum requirements the OS needs to function and also check that the hard disk is properly partitioned and is empty.
- To install the OS, switch on the computer.
- Insert the bootable CD which contains the OS files in the CD-ROM.
- Now, while the system boots up, press the appropriate key which will open the BIOS screen. Different manufacturers have set different keys as the BIOS key(F1 F2, F3, Esc or Delete- these are some of the keys that open the BIOS).
- In the BIOS screen, find the BOOT option.
- In the BOOT option, select the CD as the booting device and press Enter.
- Now you will be able to install the OS. Follow the setup wizard.
- Select all the necessary options from the check-boxes to install the OS as per your needs.
- The wizard will install the OS.
- Now, you are ready to go with the newly installed Windows XP Black.
The Windows XP Black Edition was released for people who prefer black over other colours and people who need an OS to repurpose their old computers that won’t support the newer versions of Windows OSes. As mentioned before, the Black Edition is not suitable for professional use as it may contain viruses. A professional computer that is unsecure will disrupt the user’s functionalities and professionalism. The OS can be customised according to the user’s interest and the OS has many features that are not available in the official editions of the Windows XP OS.
Try out the OS and experiment with it yourself to get a better understanding of it.