Let’s all revert back to the time we first used a computer. Do you remember how it looked? Probably, the OS would have been a solid build without much of a smooth finishing, pixels popping out of nowhere, and the OS may have crashed unexpectedly. Yes, old OSes were like that but when Microsoft came up with its XP OS in 2001, it all changed. It was a prime time for the technology industry as the technology was becoming popular amongst people and new and powerful software was developed.
The OS came with a new user interface that was smoother and easy to use. The XP operating system was considered one of the best OSes ever made. The features and functionalities were powerful and provided the users with many options and configurable settings. The OS revolutionized the way that people used computers and brought in many new functionalities assisting users to perform better.
There are only a few OSes that are there for users to avail of for running their computers and Windows is one of those that are considered best as they provide better features, security, and support. Every Windows version comes with a graphic user interface, a kernel to coordinate with the hardware, and other functions like network management, input-output controller, file systems, backup and restorer, troubleshooting wizards, disk management, memory management, task scheduler, security and maintenance, and Microsoft management console that makes the Windows OS ideal OS and allows the users to use the computer efficiently.
There are nearly 12 major releases of Windows OS and each major version will have many editions for people to select the desired one from the list to run their computers. The current version of Windows is Windows 10 that was released in 2015. Microsoft has taken a different approach in the release of the OS than the traditional method; they will update the Windows 10 OS and stop the sales of OSes as new versions.
We have discussed all the pros of Windows XP OS but when it comes to using the OS in 2021, the OS may not be as good as it was and there may be compatibility issues. The OS is no longer supported by Microsoft, hence it will not receive any updates or improvements. The OS can be used on old computers and laptops that cannot run new OSes.
These awesome operating systems we were discussing are the products of Microsoft. Microsoft was started by Bill Gates and Paul Allen in 1975 in a small garage, with just some knowledge in programming and a vision for success. The company first developed an application for the then powerful personal computer, the Altair, and named the application The AltairBASIC. Eventually, over the years, Microsoft partnered with IBM systems and developed MS-DOS for IBM. The first Windows OS was released in the year 1985 with the name Windows 1.0. There are numerous products developed and marketed by Microsoft that help people with their day to day chores.
Some of the products developed by Microsoft:
- Windows Operating Systems.
- Microsoft Office Package.
- MS Word
- MS Powerpoint.
- MS Excel.
- MS Outlook.
- MS Publisher.
- Internet Explorer.
- Edge Browser.
- Microsoft Azure.
- Microsoft Teams.
We came across the generalized theme of what Microsoft is what the XP OSes are. Now, let’s jump into the actual topic of interest: the Windows XP Lite Professional SP3 OS. The XP Pro Lite, as the name suggests, is the light-weight version of the XP Professional. The OS is upgraded and the user interface is modified. Many improved features are added to tweak the OS and are far better than the XP Professional SP3 edition. The OS is ideal for home and individual users even though it bears the pro title. Using the XP OS now for professional use will be disadvantageous as professional work requires good security features and functionalities to improve the workflow. Home users and experimental users can use the OS for their purposes.
Features Offered By Windows XP Lite Professional SP3 ISO
Improved User Interface
The user interface (UI) is the visual component of an OS with which the user interacts with. The UI acts as a bridge between the computer and the user. Improving the UI improves the performance of the computer and aids in better interaction and faster information transactions. The buttons and the windows screens are made smooth giving it a smooth and good look and the saturation of the UI is tweaked to make it more colorful and better.
Improved Networking Abilities
Computers are mostly used for networking and browsing, hence a good networking facility is important to access the web and transmit information over the web fast and struggle-free. Windows XP OSes support Wi-Fi connectivity, allowing the users to use the internet with the help of a WI-Fi network without the use of cables that transmit information.
Improved Graphics Processing
The Windows XP OS comes with DirectX 8, which is a software put to improve the graphic performance of the computer. DirectX interacts with the computer hardware and the graphics-intensive applications, and aids in smoother working. The DirectX 8 application can be upgraded to DirectX 9 for better graphic performance.
Redefined Windows Explorer
Windows Explorer is the native file management software of the Windows OS. It paved the way for easy file management and maintenance. In the XP OS, the Explorer is improved with new features like additional task panes, previewing features for pictures, and documents allowing the users to easily navigate and select files.
The XP OS is a stable version and can run applications without crashing often. The stability of the OS depends on the hardware features of the computer.
The computer is a multipurpose device and can be used for doing all sorts of digital work. For doing work on the computer, there needs to be specific software that will provide all the necessary tools for working. For the application to work on the computer, the OS must provide good compatibility. Windows XP OS provides a good compatibility feature that helps run applications and software smoothly and efficiently.
Multiple Language Support
The OS supports many languages, allowing non-English speaking users to access the computer in their native language. This widens the market for computers and OSes and also improves the livelihood of people in remote places.
Multiple Monitor Support
The OS supports the use of multiple monitors simultaneously for increasing the visibility of contents on the screen. The multiple monitor features are mostly used by professional gamers and programmers as the amount of information displayed on the screen is large and they can work easily without searching for them.
System Restore and Recovery Features
The restore and recovery features are very important functionalities as they provide an extra bit of assurance to the users that the data is safe and can be retrieved when lost. The user can back up important files and restore them back when they want them. The recovery feature allows the user to revert the computer back to a previous moment in time whenever they may be in a crisis situation to alter the timeline of the computer.
Minimum requirements for Running the Windows XP Lite Professional SP3 OS
Minimum requirements are the set of hardware requirements a software or an OS requires to run on a computer. It’s always better to have the hardware setup higher than the minimum requirements to make the computer perform better.
- A processor that runs at a clock speed of 233 MHz is required. A higher-powered processor with a clock speed of 300 is recommended.
- The minimum RAM required is 64 MB. The recommended RAM is 128 MB. For using high capacity storage, higher RAM memory is recommended.
- The free space required to install the OS is 1.5 GB. Having a larger storage device will be useful for storing data and using other applications. The RAM must be upgraded according to the storage size for better performance.
- The minimum display size required for displaying the contents clearly is 600 X 800 pixels. The OS supports the use of multiple displays.
- For a display to work properly, minimum graphic memory is needed. The minimum graphic memory required is 8 MB. For performing high graphic-intensive operations like designing and gaming, a high power graphic card is required.
How to Download Windows XP Lite Professional SP3 ISO:
- To download the OS, you need a good and stable internet connection.
- Check for the storage space on the computer before downloading as the download might stop due to the unavailability of space.
- Choose a location on the computer where you want the OS file to be downloaded and enter the path of the folder in the browser download option.
- On your web browser, search for Windows XP Lite Professional OS ISO Download.
- Select a good and trusted website to download the OS file. It is good to select a website that you can trust so that you will not have to worry about your system getting infected by viruses later. Select the desired edition and version of the OS you need to download. In this case, it is the Windows XP Lite Professional.
- Look for the download button on the website and click it. If you don’t find any download button, then look for a mirror link that will redirect you to the location where the OS file is stored. You can download the OS file from there.
- Let the file get downloaded; the downloading time depends on your internet connection.
- Once the download is over, locate the file and either copy it on a pen drive or burn it on a CD for installing it on other computers.
Steps to follow to Install Windows XP Lite Professional OS on a Computer
Installing an OS is quite simple and doesn’t need someone to be a master in using a computer. It’s a basic computer skill that anyone with basic computer knowledge can do without getting into trouble.
- To install the OS, you need a bootable CD or a pen drive with the ISO file of the OS, 1.5 GB of free space on the hard disk, and a CD driver to read and write the CD.
- Before installing the OS, check whether the computer satisfies the minimum requirements specified for the OS. If yes, then well and good. If this is not the case, then you either need to upgrade the computer or look for an older version of the OS which is supported by your computer.
- Switch on the computer and insert the bootable CD or the pen drive in the computer.
- Continuously press the appropriate boot key on the keyboard (the boot key differs from manufacturer to manufacturer, so search it on the internet for your computer brand).
- Once you enter the Boot menu, look for the boot options on the screen, and select the right one.
- In the boot options screen, select boot from CD or pen drive(whichever means you are using).
- The Windows files will load and a Windows setup wizard will pop up.
- In the setup wizard, select the preferred language and just follow the wizard to install the OS properly. You can select and unselect the options according to your preferences.
- The wizard will install the OS on the hard drive.
- Once the installation is done, you can normally start the computer and you will be running the Windows XP Lite Professional OS on your computer.
Windows XP OS is pretty old and using it in the modern world would be pretty disadvantageous for new and power users but if you want to repurpose your old computer or laptop, then XP Lite Professional SP3 OS is for you. People who were once accustomed to the OS and wish to use it again can go ahead and use the OS.
The OS is free and will do pretty much everything a modern-day PC OS can do except for providing good compatibility for new software and some other minor features. So, choose the OS wisely before installing it. Experimenting is always welcomed. We hope that the article was useful and you were able to get a good idea of what the Windows XP Lite Professional OS is all about. Enjoy using the OS.